The highly anticipated annual fundraiser, PPLA Food Fare announced today its 2018 event date to take place on Thursday, March 1, 2018 returning to Santa Monica’s Barker Hangar. Guests of the beloved event will enjoy hundreds of gourmet food and drink samples from over 150 of Southern California’s best restaurants, caterers and libation purveyors, all in support of Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA).
“Food Fare raises crucial funds to ensure PPLA’s doors stay open to the women, men, and young people who rely on us for essential reproductive health care. We are grateful to our dedicated volunteers and community of supporters who, over the last four decades, have helped grow Food Fare into the important event it is today,” said Sue Dunlap, President & CEO, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles.
PPLA Food Fare is also proud to name Chris Phelps, Chef/Owner of Salt’s Cure and Breakfast by Salt's Cure as the 2018 Food Fare Chef of the Year for his contributions to Los Angeles’ culinary scene and his dedication to Planned Parenthood’s mission. Salt’s Cure will be providing a special tasting menu at Food Fare’s VIP hour and will also be also participating in both the afternoon and evening sessions of the main event.
“As 2018 Food Fare Chef of the Year, I am proud to join the ranks of past honorees, serve delicious food to our community, all in support of Planned Parenthood Los Angeles,” said Chris Phelps, Chef/Owner of Salt’s Cure andBreakfast by Salt's Cure.
Food Fare is PPLA’s largest fundraising event of the year, with proceeds benefiting its vital health care and education programs. For more than half a century, PPLA has provided affordable, non-judgmental, and confidential reproductive health care to women, men, and young people throughout Los Angeles County. Now more than ever, we need to ensure that Planned Parenthood’s doors stay open – so that everyone can access health care in a safe and welcoming place.
Participating restaurants of 2018 Food Fare are below with many more to be announced: Akasha, Angelini Osteria, AR Cucina, Ayara Thai, Baltaire, Boneyard Bistro, Border Grill, Castle's Catering, Clementine, Cookie Good, Craft Los Angeles, Dandy Don's HomeMade Ice Cream, Doma Kitchen, Factor's Famous Deli, Friends and Family, Got Kosher?, HomeState, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, Kato, Jennifer Pennifer Bakes, Luxe Hotels, Michael's Santa Monica, Pazzo Gelato, Pedaler’s Fork, Petty Cash Taqueria, Pinches Tacos, Pink's Hot Dogs, Playa Provisions / Hudson House / The Tripel / Small Batch/Da KikoKiko, Poke 2 Go, Porta Via, Rao's Hollywood, Ray's and Stark Bar, Rosti Tuscan Kitchen, Salazar, Simone, SOCA, Sugar Rush by IISHA, Sumo Dog, Sweet & Savory, The Bel-Air, Tiato Kitchen + Venue & An Catering by Crustacean, Tuck Room Tavern, Upper West Restaurant, Vucacious Catering, and Wokstar Catering (Sweet & Sour Chronicles).
Beverages, wine, beer and spirits will be provided for attendees from participating purveyors such as Amaro Angeleno, Angel City Brewery, Bai Antioxidant Infused Beverages, Beckmen Vineyards, Califia Farms, Carolla Drinks, Coffee Planet, Craftsman Brewing Company, Danone Waters of America, Elixir G Ginger, Firestone Walker Brewing Co., Flask Fine Wine & Whisky, Herb Lamb Vineyards LLC, Infuse Vodka, J Ludow Vineyard, JARDESCA California Aperitiva, Kikori Whiskey, MacLeod Ale Brewing Co., Marquis Beverages, Martian Ranch & Vineyard, Navarro Vineyards, New Frontier Coffee, Nomadica Wine, PRP Wine International, Smog City Brewing, Suja, Third Window Brewing Co., Toucan Wines, Ventura Spirits, Vinemark Cellars, plus many others!
Food Fare attendees will have the opportunity to partake in dozens of raffles and auctions including the popular silent wine and spirits auction, featuring collectable vintages, unique vertical collections and large format bottles. Raffle and auction prizes will include exclusive and unique entertainment and culinary experiences such dream vacations and private dinner parties at renowned Los Angeles restaurants.
Highlighted auction items this year include, but are not limited to:
- Hosted brunch party from our Chef of the Year Chris Phelps - invite up to 50 friends to your home for a griddle cakes party that includes protein and alcohol pairings by Salt’s Cure.
- Indulge in the luxury British experience - experience a fabulous week of total British pampering at a manor in the Cotswolds. You and a guest will enjoy transportation from London, chef-prepared meals, and daily outings accompanied with a private chauffeur and tour guide.
- Unique culinary experiences - enjoy the best dining LA has to offer. From gift certificates from some of the most sought-after Food Fare participants to a multi-course international dinner with fine wine pairings.
- We love LA - catch a great game or show from the best seats in the house. Packages include tickets to see your favorite LA teams, the Hollywood Bowl, or popular television shows.
- Adventure awaits - whether you’re looking for a relaxing week in Maui, a helicopter tour over Las Vegas or a retreat in Cabo, our travel packages have got you covered.
- Enjoy the best in fine wine & spirits - bid on collectable vintages, unique vertical collections and large format bottles. Packages also include private tastings and tours of some of California’s best wineries and vineyards.
- Hole in one - enjoy a round of golf at some of the best courses in the Los Angeles area.
Individual tickets for Food Fare will be available beginning January 22, 2018 at www.pplafoodfare.com. Advance purchase tickets for Food Fare 2018 are $150 for the daytime session (11:00 AM – 2:00 PM) and $350 for the evening session (6:30 PM – 9:30 PM). PPLA Food Fare 2018 will take place on Thursday, March 1, 2018 at Barker Hangar located at 3021 Airport Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90405. Sponsorship packages are available. For more information, please visit www.pplafoodfare.com or call 213-284-3300.